Tuesday 6 April 2010

Censorship and DJ sets

So I got censored earlier... well no so much censored as totally shut down!

I spent a good couple of hours on imovie making a nice little video for my remix of Missing by Everything but the girl. I was using royalty free stock footage of time lapse imagery, and as I said before, my own remix of the track. However, literally within minutes of the video being uploaded I received an email telling me I'd infringed copyright and it'd been deleted!!!
Now I know what your thinking... "bloody google and blogspot censoring and removing posts again!" well your wrong! It was facebook, of all the people to censor stuff, FACEBOOK!!!

So, I'm going to upload it here, and if blogger try to remove it or censor it, well, I suppose I'm going to have to try youtube. If that fails, I suppose megavideo.

So here's the video in question. Enjoy it quicktime before it gets removed!



On a more positive note. My set at Afterparty the other night went well, and those of you are my facebook 'friends' may have noticed my happiness via a status update.
Now, as good as the last one was, this next one looks even more promising! As you may have already seen from my earlier post Krafty Kuts and The Squatters are the headline acts for the night. I can secretly reveal though (however not yet confirm 100%) that I'm going to be playing directly before Mr Krafty himself, and the Squatters are on right after.
Now... if you were to liken the night as a sandwich, (which I often do!) myself and The Squatters would be the bread and the meaty filling in the middle would be Krafty Kuts. Other DJ's on the night are Bodies, (who I can't recommend enough!) and he'd be the lettuce. Jon Worsnop, who'd be the sliced tomato ( and/or cucumber depending on how you like your sandwiches!), and finally Joey Saint, who I'm assuming would be some kind of sauce to finish the sandwich off nicely (I'm thinking either french mustard or mayo. But not salad cream! Salad cream is rough as arseholes!).
Anyway, putting the edible entendre aside. It's shaping up to be a cracking night, and one which I've been looking forward to for AGES!

Here's the artwork for the event :)





Take care your yourselves!

Mr Robinson xxx

P.S. If you disagree with my sandwich making methods come find me on the night, and if you buy me a beer I'll more than happily discuss my favorite sandwiches and sandwich fillings :)

P.P.S. I'm not mental... Honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment