Saturday 3 April 2010

Fatboy Slim et al

So I went to see Fatboy Slim the other night, and WHAT a night!

That guy is an absolute badman DJ!
He played a massive selection of music across the board from techno, house, disco, and some down right bass monsters. Plus his mixing was unbelievable! 2 hours of flawless DJing!
Fatboy Slim is fucking in heaven... no I'll think you find I was in fucking heaven!

Here's a video from the night. Unfortunately the sound quality is so poor it's ghetto (whatever that means!) but the imagery surely makes up for it!







Also, I'm doing a spot of djing myself this weekend!

But first, an apology!
I was supposed to be playing at ka:pow at flying circus in Huddersfield last night (02.04.2010) but unfortunately due to circumstances out of my control I couldn't make it. BIG apologies go out to the promoter Chris, and to anyone who turned out to see me!

I'm playing tomorrow night (04.04.2010) at Afterparty in Huddersfield (see flyer below) with Micky Slim (no relation to the above mentioned Fatboy, at least not to my knowledge!) and Will Bailey (aka Bass Weasel & Twoker, as well as loads more aliases I've probably forgotten about).
It didn't look like I was playing at this gig until a few hours ago. I was originally put on the bill a few weeks ago to do a 1 hour back to back set with Chris 'Bodies' Shaw (the above mentioned promoter who I let down for ka:pow!) at the end of the night, and then told a couple of days ago that the promoter had got into a bit of a muddle, overbooked, and asked if I minded playing at the next event with Krafty Kuts instead. As I've played with Micky before I didn't mind the swap and if I'm being totally truthful Krafty is a bit of a DJ hero of mine!
Anyway, as it turns out the promoter must of been in a real muddle with bookings, or other dj's pulled out, and I'm back on the bill. (as well as being on the Krafty Kuts bill! Whoop!) However instead of playing a 1 hour back to back set at the end of the night. Aka the graveyard shift, 7-8am. I've now got my own 2 hour set at the start of the night playing 10-12. I'm not quite sure how this has worked out, but it has, and I'm a happy chappy! Now, don't get me wrong, I love playing for Afterparty at ANY time of the night, but I like to keep it clean at least until I've finished DJing. (No one wants to see a DJ who's so out of it he/she can't mix properly!) Sometimes it's hard work resisting the temptation of alcohol/whatever until the early hours while everyone around you is super smashed! This way I get to turn up early, put my flex down on the decks (did I just say flex???), and then either get out early and avoid the carnage, or staying and instigating the carnage. Both options seem viable at the moment!








Hopefully I'll get some video's of general stupidity (that would be a great DJ name... right?!?!) from said Afterparty. I've just discovered the joys of imovie for mac so hopefully I'll be able to put together an 80's montage of the night's events (think Rocky 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5, or any Van Damme film for examples of the montages I'll be making!) I might even cut the audio and put some uplifting montage music over the top. hmmmm whats the track called from the montage in kick boxer??? Chris Foxton, I'm looking at you... I know you know it!

Come say hello if you see me at Afterparty, I might even film you and put you into said montage!

Peace x

No comments:

Post a Comment