Wednesday 21 April 2010

This one time, at band camp.....

There's a new website on the scene called bandcamp.com, and I honestly can't speak highly enough of this website! It allows bands and artists to sell their music without taking a slice of the profits. Finally artists and bands are getting the return they deserve on their own music!
HA! Who needs a record label... right???

Anyway, getting down to the point in hand...

My friends over at Extra Curricular and their front man Jack Flash both have EP's out to buy and download over on the bandcamp website (as well as my own EP which I mentioned in my last post).

The Extra Curricular EP can be found HERE, and the Jack Flash EP HERE.
Also... as I mentioned before. If you buy from the EP's through the bandcamp website the artists get 100% of the cash you've paid for the music!




In other news. I was over in Hull DJing at a night called POGO on Saturday night. The venue, crowd and residents DJ's over there are really nice and I really enjoyed myself! It was also my first headline DJ slot (and the first venue I've played that's had crowd barriers at the front of the stage!!!), and to say I was nervous would be a massive understatement. I was actually so nervous I was almost sick just before I went on! Once I got playing though I loved every minute, and fortunately the nerves wore off as I settled in.
Here's a photo taken shortly after I finished my set. Admittedly it's not exactly an amazing picture. I'm definitely no David Bailey that's for sure!





That's all for today.

Peace x

PS. Just a quick reminder... You can catch me warming up for Krafty Kuts at Afterparty in Huddersfield on the 2nd May

No comments:

Post a Comment