Sunday 11 April 2010

Motivations what ya need, if you wanna be a recordbreaker! (or get any kind of Uni work done!)

Well, actually I'm pretty sure the real lyric is that it's dedication that's necessary to be a record breaker. I'm sure Roy Castle would be able to tell me if he wasn't otherwise deceased.

Anyway, the problem isn't the lyrics, the song, or even Roy Castle. The problem is the lack of motivation I have right at this minute!
With Uni deadlines looming ever closer my lack of motivation and my seemingly endless gift for procrastination are weighing endlessly on my mind.
I have decided that TOMORROW I shall seize the day. Having said that, today was tomorrow yesterday!
Right now I'm currently sat in a darkened room wearing what can only be described as 'lounge pants' and a baggy hoody. I'm a dressing gown and a white Russian away from being the dude!

It's not all doom and gloom though, as yesterday I spent somewhere in the region of thirteen hours on Apple's Logic programme, and all in the name of University work!
However out of those thirteen hours I probably spent seven or eight hours distracted on youtube or facebook. Occasionally updating my twitter status too, with comments such as "Instant coffee's shit". Well technically I can't claim to be the author of that tweet I merely retweeted it from Toddla T.

I found a couple of little gems on youtube yesterday though while procrastinating. The first is a cartoon from back in the day, (I'm talking waaaaay back!!!) which to be honest I barely remembered myself, and wouldn't of done so if it wasn't for the musical accompaniment.

Spider in the bath anyone???





The second video, kinda isn't a video at all. More of a piece of music that I'm mildly obsessed with. It's one of those brooding techno types, and as the days go by (and the more I stay in darkened rooms wearing lounge pants) I grow more and more fond of.
See for yourself...







Right, so as tomorrow approaches I guess I better get unprocrastinated (I'm not sure if that's a word!) and pull my finger out so to speak.

If all go's to plan there's not gonna be a another blog post for a couple of days (maybe even a week!!!) and when I do next blog hopefully the title will read something along the lines of 'whoop whoop, go me I've done loads of work!'

hmmmm we'll see.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment